Paulsboro Basketball wins Group One Championship
Sunday, March 15, 2015 
-
The Paulsboro High School Boys Basketball Team are State Champions. The Red Raiders won the championship game 78-48. The Paulsboro Volunteer Fire Company was on hand to welcome them back into town on Sunday night. We'd like to congratulate all the players and coaches on a great season. This is what Paulsboro Pride is all about.

 
GC Times Article
   
   
Spring Forward
Saturday, March 7, 2015 
-
Please remember to change the batteries in you smoke detectors and carbon monoxide (CO) detectors as well as your clocks. Working smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors save lives.

 
   
   
New Murals
Monday, March 2, 2015 
-
We recently had a couple murals at the Firehouse repainted. We think they turned out really good. What do you think?

 
   
   
Please clear around Hydrants
Saturday, February 21, 2015 
-
Please remember to shovel around any fire hydrants near your house. Thank you and be safe.

 
   
   
Department Members attend Transcaer Training
Thursday, May 30, 2013 
-
Members of the Fire Department attended the Transcaer training on Wednesday.  The members learned anatomy of a railcar, how to stop a leak on the valves on railcars and on tank trailers.  They also received training on response to leaking Chlorine vessels.  Those who attended were Chief Al Giampola, Deputy Chief Gary Stevenson, Captain Glenn Roemmich, Lieutenant Mark Pawlowic, Firefighters Kyle Adams and Tom Gouse.


 
Group
   Group
   
New Lieutenant Appointed
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 
-
Congratulations to Mark Pawlowic who was appointed as a Lieutenant for the remainder of 2013.


 
What Shelter-in-Place Means:
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 
-


One of the instructions you may be given in an emergency where hazardous materials may have been released into the atmosphere is to shelter-in-place. This is a precaution aimed to keep you safe while remaining indoors. (This is not the same thing as going to a shelter in case of a storm.) Shelter-in-place means selecting a small, interior room, with no or few windows, and taking refuge there. It does not mean sealing off your entire home or office building. If you are told to shelter-in-place, follow the instructions provided in this Fact Sheet.

Why You Might Need to Shelter-in-Place: Chemical, biological, or radiological contaminants may be released accidentally or intentionally into the environment. Should this occur, information will be provided by local authorities on television and radio stations on how to protect you and your family. Because information will most likely be provided on television and radio, it is important to keep a TV or radio on, even during the workday. The important thing is for you to follow instructions of local authorities and know what to do if they advise you to shelter-in-place.

How to Shelter-in-Place

At Home:

  • Close and lock all windows and exterior doors.
  • If you are told there is danger of explosion, close the window shades, blinds, or curtains.
  • Turn off all fans, heating and air conditioning systems.
  • Close the fireplace damper.
  • Get your family disaster supplies kit and make sure the radio is working.
  • Go to an interior room without windows that’s above ground level. In the case of a chemical threat, an above-ground location is preferable because some chemicals are heavier than air, and may seep into basements even if the windows are closed.
  • Bring your pets with you, and be sure to bring additional food and water supplies for them.
  • It is ideal to have a hard-wired telephone in the room you select. Call your emergency contact and have the phone available if you need to report a life-threatening condition. Cellular telephone equipment may be overwhelmed or damaged during an emergency.
  • Use duct tape and plastic sheeting (heavier than food wrap) to seal all cracks around the door and any vents into the room.
  • Keep listening to your radio or television until you are told all is safe or you are told to evacuate. Local officials may call for evacuation in specific areas at greatest risk in your community.

 
FD HOLDS INSTALLATION DINNER!
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 
-
The Paulsboro FD & Fire Association held their annual Installation Dinner in February at Botto's Restaurant in Swedesboro.Jack Suiter served as MC. Fire Chief Mike Licciardello updated gave an updated report on the FD. Mayor Jeff Hamilton thanked all for the work they do and swore in the officers. Archie Roemmich was honored for 50 years of actrive firefighter service and Dan Berth was also recognized for 40 years. For the LAdies Auxilliary, Bert McMahon was honored for 50 years and Marion Mederus was recognized for 40 years of service. Chuck Shaw received an award for FF of the Year.


 
   
   
FF NOW COUNCILMAN!
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 
-
Paulsboro FD Assistant Chief, Gary Stevenson, was sworn in as  Councilperson in January. Gary was appointed to fill the spot vacated by Jeff Hamilton who took over as Mayor of Paulsboro. Many of his fellow firefighters attended the swearing in ceremony. Gary's wife Raelynn held the bible as former Mayor, and current Assemblyman, John Burzichelli did the honor of swearing Gary in.


 
   
   
BEDROOM FIRE DAMAGES HOME!
Saturday, September 24, 2011 
-
A bedroom fire damaged a home on the 300 block of W. Washington St. today. Around 2 PM the FD was called out for a fire at 372 W. Washington St. Upon arrival, Deputy Fire Chief Al Giampola (1702) observed heavy smoke coming from the residence. An "all hands working' was immediately put out. A crew from the first engine on location, Engine 1721, was ordered to stretch a 1 3/4" attack line into the home. A crew from Ladder 2116 soon followed. The crews were able to extinguish the bed which was on fire. Crews then wet-down some hot-spots and evacuated the home of smoke with ventilation fans. The cause of the fire is under investigation. Also responding were Thorofare and East Greenwich fire companies. Crews were on the scene until 5 PM.


 
   
   
Search for News stories: RSS FEED
Search by : Month | Year | Keyword | Category
Site Design and Maintained by FireCompanies.com Contact the Webmaster | © 2005-2015 FireCompanies.com
Content on all sites is supplied by the fire departments, not by FireCompanies.com. FireCompanies.com cannot be responsible for any content, either text, pictures, or any other form of media found on the sites.